Configure your DistributorCentral's sales tax preferences to use a custom tax rate in sales tax calculations for in-state orders from taxable customers.
Here's how to set up a custom tax rate:
- While logged into DistributorCentral, click the Account menu to the left
- Next, choose Preferences
- Then click Account Preferences. (This will take you to your Account Preferences page)
- On the Account Preferences page, click Taxes (3) in the left preference categories
- Under the "Custom in-state tax rate" preference, enter you custom tax rate.
In the example here, we've applied a custom tax rate of 9.85% to orders shipping within the company's state for taxable customers
Note: Entering a "0" into the custom tax rate field will charge zero sales tax on in-state orders for taxable customers
- Click Save to save your changes