This preference only works when the Custom in-state tax rate preference is in use and only applies to in-state orders.
Enable sales tax calculations on shipping charges on orders from taxable customers.
Once you have set up your custom in-state tax rate, here's how to enable shipping charge tax calculations:
- While logged into DistributorCentral, click the Account menu to the left
- Next, choose Preferences
- Then click Account Preferences. (This will take you to your Account Preferences page)
- On the Account Preferences page, click Taxes (3) in the left preference categories
- Under the "Do you charge tax on shipping charges?" preference, choose yes
- Click Save to save your changes