The DistributorCentral order management system allows you to apply Sales Adjustment to an invoice for recording purposes. This can be used to adjust an invoice before you actually charge the credit card for the amount due or if you have applied a Credit/Refund and need to zero out the invoice.
- You can either do a search for the order number from your home dashboard, or click the Recent Orders link in the orders drop down box at the top right of your dashboard
- Click on the order number you need to edit
- Scroll down to the Invoice to Customer Invoice section
- Click on Record Payments/Credit button
- Enter in the amount
- Next in the Transaction Type dropdown menu choose Sales Adjustment
- Enter in a Memo if need be
- Click Submit Payment
Note: When return to the Order Summary page on the Invoice To Customer / Payments From Customer section you will see Payments which shows the last payment you just submitted.
If you need to issue an actual refund to your Customers credit card you will want to apply a Credit/Refund